Monday, January 24, 2011

Small budget movie - "Broker"

I never thought I would see a movie titled "Broker", but I did. I know the chances of Telugu people knowing anything about this movie or related to this movie is 0.01%. The reason behind this is, the movie made on a small budget and with offbeat artists.

The movie inspired me to write this blog article. The movie talks about the social awareness. There were numerous movies made on social awareness aspect in the past, but this movie stands apart as it delivers strong and effective message discussing about problem and the solution. Most of the social awareness movies I have seen does offer a solution, but this movie provides a very convincing solution.

The movie is directed by our own sleazy music director R.P. Patnaik. I was very hesitant even considering watching the movie directed by this guy, as I found his music as slapstick most of the times (but he did deliver some everlasting chart busters). I got this movie for free from a grocery store after spending the required grocery limit, and so just played the movie to accompany me during my dinner.

The movie kept me engrossed from the start. The screenplay of the movie is very tight and apt. The movie has great moments in it and showcases the complete working system in the state. It talks about the corruption in true and realistic forms happening, starting from birth (how corruption is needed to get your birth certificate) to death (which can be certified only through corruption) and everything in between. You personally connect with the movie so well, as you identify your self being victim of the system at one point or the another, and how you have misused the system to get your priorities taken care ahead of the rest.

The characters of the movie played by the veteran artists (Gollapudi Srinivasa Rao, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Dharamavarapu Subramanyam etc.) really put their heart and soul in the movie. Each and every scene acts as a integral part of the movie, and no reel is wasted on cheap comedy. R.P. Patnaik, surprises me in each and every aspect of the movie except in acting (he played lead role of Broker), he did not do a commendable job in acting department but in all other departments his efforts are really appreciable. He has scored two amazing background songs and one item song which surprisingly seems very situational and part of the movie.

I am assuming he would have approached big established hero's in the industry to play the lead role, and since there is no scope for masala duet songs with heroines and no scope for heroism, they would have sweetly turned it down. Since the movie does not have noted artists, even reviewers does not care to see and write a review. The movie would have performed well overseas as it is very sensible and people here are so tired of seeing same old dumb formula movies. But with no big actors and no media reviews a good movie like this does not get recognized to its potential. I wish online reviewers like (Idlebrain.com, Greatandhra.com) find movies like this, write reviews and recommend movie to the viewers, as overseas people heavily depend on the reviews (at least myself) to watch movies like this.

I sincerely recommend to all Telugu readers, whoever come across this article, to see the movie, and I beleive you would agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment